Tara Neighbourhood watch (hereafter referred to as Tara NHW) was established in June 2020 in the midst of the Covid 19 pandemic & Lockdown. The necessity for a well-organized NHW became apparent after the area was severely hit by criminal activities and our neighbours suffered multiple acts of crime within a short time.
Tara NHW is managed and operated by volunteer residents from Tara Neighbourhood.
Our main objective is to reduce crime in Tara by implementing various strategies:
- Telegram PANIC BUTTON for residence to use in case of an emergency. This number is monitored 24/7 by Tara NHW Response group.
- Surveillance cameras – with active monitoring by AR companies and Tara NHW Response team.
- Effective response during an emergency situation – thus sending a strong message that Tara NHW will react against the criminal threat.
- Prevent illegal land occupation in Heydeburg Park by keeping the park clean.
- Clean up and maintenance of shrubs and trees in Heydeburg Park to minimize areas where criminals can hide.
- Reduction of vagrants and bin scratchers in our area via the installation of Binguard & supporting RESPONSIBLE GIVING campaigns.
- Tara neighbours take responsibility for our area and our safety.
- Tara neighbours do what is necessary to achieve and establish a safer community.
– Greenbelt cleanups.
– General housekeeping: Reporting of faulty street lights etc.
- Working closely with DCPF (Durbanville Community Policing Forum) and Durbanville SAPS.
- Working hand in hand with Armed Response (AR) companies:
- Patrols and ensuring good housekeeping: reporting faulty street lights / potholes / water pipe leaks / missing drain covers etc.
We're working together to keep our community safe
per month per household
What This Covers
- Surveillance cameras throughout the Tara Neighbourhood area.
- Maintenance, repair and replacement of cameras and infrastructure as required.
- Housekeeping patrols during dustbin nights (Monday & Tuesday evenings)
- Ad-hoc patrols by response team members.
- Telegram PANIC BUTTON number for used during an actual and current emergency in Tara neighbourhood
- Camera surveillance (trigger surveillance) during evening times.
- Tara NHW Response team – actively responding to any camera triggers and assisting AR's in securing Tara Neighbourhood.
- Armed Response (AR) – active monitoring of our camera triggers by HALT / ADT / Phangela.
- ALL camera triggers at night are ACTIVELY responded to by either AR's or together with Response team & AR companies.
- Ad-hoc daytime triggers surveillance as needed.
- Assisting SAPS with camera feeds as required to identify any criminal or criminal act as reported to SAPS.